SHADOW OF THE TOMB RAIDER

SHADOW OF THE TOMB RAIDER

Postby ElCoyote » 15 Mar 2018, 15:32

Last edited by ElCoyote on 21 Aug 2018, 10:36, edited 1 time in total.
Real una familia, Real es una cultura, Real es una religion
ElCoyote

Re: SHADOW OF THE TOMB RAIDER

Postby ElCoyote » 17 Mar 2018, 01:28

gutes Statement einer Seherin auf youtube:

Prefer the new games and the new Lara or the old games and old Lara but one thing I particularly hate is how bad they're talking about the old games and the old representation of Lara in the games and the two previous movies with Angelina Jolie. Just because her proportions in the game were not realistic at the time (where no game hardly ever featured a character model that was "realistic" due to technical limitations and far smaller budgets for the gaming industry) and just because Angelina Jolie has rather big breasts does not mean she wasn't a strong, independent and complex character.

Even though Eidos (the publisher of the older games) often advertised the character of Lara Croft in sexist ways that were common at the time to boos sales her appearance never even once was relevant to the gameplay or cutscenes of the games. Never did Lara Croft use her looks to get closer to an artifact and never was the focus in the games on her looks or appearance.
For me, a little girl that loved video games but was stuck with mostly white overly muscular male protagonists to play in games it was such an amazing moment to first play a tomb raider game. For that moment I believed a girl could achieve anything a man can and I loved exploring those lush environments and dark tombs filled with traps and treasures. I never even bothered about her appearance and only started wondering about her body proportions when all the boys around me immaturely started sexualizing her for her looks while for me she just was a badass heroine (that yes... just happens to have large boobs).

The gameplay was absolutely suitable for it's time and aside from the bugs and issues that the "Angel of Darkness" game had I never disliked any of the games or the representations of Lara Croft because she was never the problem in this whole discussion. It was all those people sexualizing her for no good reason. She was a determined, intelligent and adventurous character that I still enjoy to play. And I also liked her movies and think Angelina has made a decent job in portraying her. I fondly remember those movies as the last big adventure movies before the whole GCI blockbuster era began. No matter if you like the plot or not you can't deny that those movies had amazing real sets and stunning effects for their time. That greek underwater temple alone that they built for roughly 10 minutes of screen time and then actually flooded with real water that didn't come out of the computer. And in the movies Lara never actually wears any revealing outfits (bc many people say she just looks too oversexed in the movies).
If I wanted to join that ridiculous conversation in which we shame and judge women for their choice of clothing I would even say that the tank top in this movie is much more revealing that the black shirts Angelina wore in the first movie and the white T-shirt she mostly wears in the second film.

And going back to the games... I actually I find the new Lara to be a step back... I mean she looks beautiful and has a really realistic physique but aside from that... it seems like she's the most dependent and weakest character in a video game. Her lust for adventure is basically absent since she's basically thrown in in all those locations, constantly screams and coughs while being thrown from yet another cliff and overall she mostly doesn't even want to be on this journey. She only seems to be motivated on cleaning her father's name and does everything just because she has those massive issues with him. Sadly that does not give her character depth but robs her of the free spirited, adventurous character that made the old Lara so amazing. Nathan Drake in the Uncharted series can go explore old temples and stunning places because he simply wants to but the new Lara just lives and acts for her father or because she unwillingly is trapped in a situation, on an island or a siberian military base...

The older games also depicted her relationship with her parents but did so in a very sophisticated way that gave her more depth while still letting her be her own damn self. Her father's previous work mostly guided her on her own journey while the new Lara doesn't seem to have one. And her being younger in the new games is not an excuse. Oh, and Nathan Drake is allowed to age... why not Lara?? They could've included some passages where you play her as her younger self like they did in the old games or how uncharted did but sadly I think this is one of many steps back in a way more shallow and superficial direction of making the new Lara a young, beautiful but shallow empty shell that all those sexist boys that used to zoom the camera in on the old Lara's body can now throw from cliff to cave while she coughs, screams, cries and doesn't seem to enjoy a bit of the story or journey she's on.
But hey... that doesn't matter anyway bc basically we're constantly reminded that it's not her journey anyway but her father's. I understand wanting to go a new direction with yet another reboot and thus changing her to be younger but like I mentioned I think it's only an excuse to profit on her being shown vulnerable, young and beautifully covered in dirt with her tank top being all ripped and shit *sigh*... So no... I don't think the new Lara is the "independent strong and deep character" that we're finally getting after two decades we had to spend with the old one. I think the old one was simply an intelligent, witty, sarcastic, determined, adventurous, curious, mature archeologist in her early 40s that made me a little german girl that grew up with very few women to look up to believe that I could be as awesome, independent and strong like her.
So... that's my story with Lara Croft now go on and enjoy this sunny Saturday (either with an old Tomb Raider game or the newer ones).
Izzie Cookiestar
ElCoyote

Postby ElCoyote » 24 Jul 2018, 23:30

ElCoyote

Postby ElCoyote » 21 Aug 2018, 10:32

ElCoyote

Postby ElCoyote » 11 Sep 2018, 12:27

ElCoyote

Postby ElCoyote » 14 Sep 2018, 12:43

Bissl weniger Gejammere von Lara wäre gut, wird Zeit für eine Lady Croft, die sich verächtlich den Staub von der Schulter wischt und kaltlächelnd weitergeht.
Sehr schöne Unterwasserwelt und Lichteffekte.

Und bitte was sollen Bonuskostüme aus dem letzten Spiel aus Sibirien im DSCHUNGEL???? LOL ROFL.
Und gebt Lara endlich wieder Hotpants, das ist ein signature Outfit von ihr - Scheiß auf diese neue Prüderie und Feministinnen, wenn Splatter gezeigt wird (abgetrennter Oberkörper), dann will ich auch Lara auf den Hintern schauen können.
ElCoyote

Postby ElCoyote » 18 Sep 2018, 17:24

Das Getue auf Brutal nervt mich mittlerweile, Axt in die Brust und Messer ins Gesicht, brauch ich in Tomb Raider echt nicht wirklich, v.a. wenn dan nin den FMVs Lara als irgendwie von der Kindheit belastet gezeigt wird und im Spiel wg. jedem Schas jammernd, dass alles wehtut und dann so als kalte Killerin präsentiert wird. Passt ned zsamm. Wenn ich so eine ganze Kompanie niedermetzle, dann jammer ich nicht wg. ein paar blauen Flecken oder Schnittwunden herum.

Und genauso gehörte mal wieder ein Einsatz in der Großstadt her, Lara im Abendkleid wie in LEGEND:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO0RVkKz-8M
Es ist immer noch LADY Croft und keine Rucksacktouristin. Oida.
ElCoyote

Postby ElCoyote » 23 Sep 2018, 00:24

Und jetzt wieder was Blödes: in Kuwak Yaku, dem Dorf, kann ich alle Kostüme nutzen, in Paititi nur 2 Indianerkostüm und ein Bonuskostüm aus Raise, was soll DAS bitte???????? Spinnen die???? Lt. youtube IST es so, in bestimmen Teilen des Spiels DARF man nur bestimmte Sachen tragen, was für eine depperte Bevormundung. Und Jonah läuft im modernen Gewand herum, für den ist es kein Problem? Wie deppert ist das bitte???
Die pixeligen alten Skins gibt es, aber - logo - kein Underworldoutfit. Lächerlich, dafür 15 Fetzen"kostüme" von Indianern, als würde Lady Croft SO rumlaufen.

Und es ist Kundenbeschiss, ich habe Season Pass und Croft Edition und werde GEZWUNGEN, ein großes Stück des Spiels in dem blauen Fetzen herumzulaufen, wer hat denen denn ins Gehirn gekübelt??? Kommts doch gleich mit Lootboxen, noch toller.
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthr ... 207&page=3

Und ich brauch auch keine 10 verschiedenen Knarren, von denen eh nur 2, 3 nützlich sind, und wann kriegt sie ihre Doppelpistolen zurück? Und warum verliert sie immer zu Beginn ihre ganze Ausrüstung? Was für ein Bullshit.

"I think part of my annoyance is this is after years of "shorts aren't practical! They're not realistic! They're inappropriate!". Suddenly now though, Lara can gallivant around in a dress and some flimsy sandals and that's totally legit. "

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=213234

Lara ist eine Heldin und kein heulendes Mäderl verdammt nochmal.

Feministinnen und SJW - krepiert's es verlogenen Moralistensäue.
ElCoyote

Return to Konsolen und PC